Understanding Female Flirting
ne reason why so many guys have trouble understanding female flirting body language is that they make things much too complicated. They make the assumption that female flirting gestures are as difficult to master as rocket science, brain surgery or quark theory.
And it's true that women are far more complex than men in many respects. But female flirting body language is an exception to that general rule of thumb.
Female flirting body
language in action
Why? Because women reap the benefits if female flirting gestures are straightforward enough for many guys to recognize and decipher fairly easily. Men can't respond to signals too subtle for them to pick up, so most women will wisely "dumb down" the curriculum enough to keep plenty of male attention coming.
So it isn't necessary, for example, to look closely to see if her pupils are dilated or how she happens to be crossing her legs at that exact moment. Just look at the big picture and you'll guess correctly most of the time. When you're talking to her:
- Does it seem as if she doesn't really want to be talking with you?
- Does she seem to be yawing an awful lot?
- Is she frowning or "looking disgusted"?
- Does she look down or away most of the time?
- Is she checking her phone messages while you're in mid-sentence?
- Do you catch her regularly craning her neck to check out other guys who stroll past?
These aren't female flirting gestures, they're signals that she does not want to flirt with you.
It really is that simple
If she looks bored, then she is bored. She's not flirting with you, and instead she's hoping that you'll take the hint and leave her alone. But she's too nice (or maybe just too reluctant to cause a scene in public) to come right out and tell you to get lost.
Conversely, suppose that you're chatting up another new woman. When you're talking to her:
- Does it seem as if she wants to be talking with you?
- Does she seem to be paying attention to what you're saying?
- Does she look in your direction most of the time?
- Does she make occasional direct eye contact with you?
- Does she smile at you from time to time?
If so, those are female flirting gestures. If she looks interested in chatting with you, then she probably is interested.
“… if she looks interested in chatting with you, then she probably is interested …”
Female flirting body language isn't any more complicated than that. After all, if she seems bored stiff when you're chatting her up, it really doesn't matter what esoteric signals she may be giving out and what each one supposedly signifies. That conversation is going nowhere and it will lead to nothing further for you.
So sometimes women lob us a softball, and female flirting body language is one of those areas where this is the case. So don't spend a lot of time second-guessing yourself. Trust your gut instinct:
- If it seems that she's flirting with you, she probably is.
- And if she seems that she isn't flirting with you, she probably isn't.
You can learn more about understanding female flirting body language or body signals on this site. Or you can read other advice on improving your flirting game, in our Flirting Tips For Guys section.
However, there's an even more 'here and now' path to improving your understanding of flirting body language. Flirt Mastery delivers exactly what the title promises and we wholeheartedly recommend it to our readers. You can check out our review here...
Or you can go directly to the Flirt Mastery site itself if you prefer...