Why Romantic Pick Up Lines
Aren't A Good Strategy
omantic pick up lines sound great in movies, but Hollywood scripts
are pretty much the only time they actually work consistently.
Instead of trying to be a movie star ...
... with so-called romantic pick up lines like this ...
- Can you give me directions to your heart? I've seemed to have lost myself in your eyes.
- If beauty were time, you'd be eternity.
- I'd ask you for a light, but you've already lit my fire.
- I don't dance. But I'd love to hold you while you do.
- You have the most beautiful eyes (or lips) I've ever seen.
- So, I finally found you... the girl of my dreams!
- You are so charming!
... why not understand what a woman's actually looking for when she's seeking a new male partner? The way to her heart is through her mind.
Lines like these aren't a useful strategy unless you actually look like a movie star. And funny ones aren't much help unless you're a professional stand-up comedian. She'll have heard them all before. What's more, the fact that you're imitating an actor (most likely badly!) isn't likely to impress her either.
Therefore we recommend avoiding romantic pick up lines and pickup lines in general. As an alternative, please take a look at our Flirting Tips For Men page for tips on improving your game.